In addition to the 4 strategies developed by DECALIA Asset Management SA:
- market inefficiencies in Europe
- quest for yield
- new consumer trends
- disintermediation in the banking sector
DECALIA Asset Management SIM specialises in Theme Investing.
Our “Theme Investing” strategy dynamically focuses on 8-12 long term and uncorrelated investment themes, selected after a thorough analysis of macro-economic trends – whether actual or potential – in different sectors of the economy. Investment themes can be industrial, geographical or macroeconomic. For each theme, we opportunistically select financial instruments (equities, bonds, derivatives, funds, hedge funds. ETFs) worldwide that offer the best long-term risk-return perspectives.
As we invest with a medium to long term perspective, we adopt a “patient” attitude when we buy or sell. This allows us to wait until prices overestimate or underestimate the individuated underlying economic trends of each theme. We occasionally hedge our risk exposure and regularly hedge currency exposure.
Our current investment themes are :
- US biotech companies
- Emerging markets sovereign debt
- Development of domestic consumption in Emerging Countries
- Companies active in the maintenance, development and upgrade of the US electric grid
- Agricultural industry products and services suppliers
- Expecting higher yields on 30-yr US Treasuries
- Dry bulk shipping
- “In vitro” diagnostic products and systems suppliers
- Commercial aerospace suppliers
- Cable manufacturers
- Competitive devaluation of the Yen
- Distressed European sovereign debt
This strategy is implemented in the Thema Fund.